Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Getting Through This

I can hardly believe that Dr. B has been away for almost two weeks.  Equally amazing is the realization that I'm not just getting through it, but I've been feeling happy at times; it's hard to admit this. 

                                      Flying Colors Doves, Allison K. Jones

Getting through it despite being a bit unsettled as I cope daily with a health crisis that has beset my aging parents and the associated innumerable phone calls.  Getting through it even though I am undergoing some mildly unpleasant treatments for a chronic health condition of my own. Getting through it although I haven't had the luxury of a welcoming voice inviting me to say whatever is on my mind.  Getting through it without hearing my voice aloud, yet hearing it within.  Getting through it with a flying color or two.


Furthermore, I don't feel particularly guilty about feeling happy at times.  At least not in the old way.  I'm sure the guilt is still there, but it's not getting in my way.  I drove to Falls Church yesterday for a West Coast Swing lesson and worked on my footwork, my posture, and what Lara called "my smoothness".  Today, I went to Springfield for a gloss and a haircut and smiled as I listened to the employees speak to each other in an Arabic and Spanish.  If I'm feeling guilty,  it's not preventing me from letting a color or two fly.

 





1 comment:

  1. What a positive thing dancing seems to be for you! Travel too. There's some motion!

    ReplyDelete